Friday, June 7, 2013

Tried Iyengar


So Iyengar wasn’t what I had in mind.  Not that I didn’t enjoy it—the instructor (Don?) was really great.  But it felt more like a drill class than a calming meditation.  I expected it to be more restorative with the asanas held for longer periods of time in order to let your body settle into the best alignments.  Oh well, no harm, no fowl and I’m incredibly glad I tried it.

I’m not sure why, but I seem to really like male teachers.  I’ll explore this more later.

Last night I went home feeling really good about myself.  No, strike that.  I went home feeling happy with my body.  What a weird emotion.  I’m usually ambivalent about my bod, at best: it’s there, it generally does what I need it to, it doesn’t give me too many issues (knock on wood).  I was proud of myself for being able to hold my own in these classes and I’m starting to realize that even hurt/recovering I’m strong and capable.  I also noticed that I’m riding high on the way home from a good yoga class.  Could it be that I actually do have endorphins???

Every class offers something: Reclining Bound Angle – Supta Baddha Konasana.  Ahhhh…

No comments:

Post a Comment