Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Perfect Yogi(ni)



I LOVE that my husband is going to yoga with me!  Most of the time.

That said, it’s so frustrating to see someone who’s not as “good” as I am (not very yoga of me, is it???) hopping around and pressing into some very challenging asanas and vinyasas.  Bakasana to chataranga, for instance.  Like this:  http://youtu.be/RzuuUWOYxss  I can barely get into bakasana and I struggle to keep my feet up for even a heartbeat.  Yes, I’m jealous.  But I also understand that we’re built much, much differently (thank you!).  And you wouldn’t even have to press me hard to get me to admit that I’m really impressed and proud of what he’s accomplished.

He’s much stronger than am I so he easily is able to do things that dare to dream of.  On the other hand, I’m more flexible so I make the easy stuff look good.  Put us together and we could kick some serious yoga ass!

It’s also selfish of me: when he enjoys such awesome successes he’s motivated to stick with yoga just a little bit more.  I mean – how could you not be flushed with good feeling after nailing this???  So I’m happy knowing that we’ll be going to our regular class together for a little bit longer.

My triangle poses were good last night.  Deep and relaxed.  Very focused but soft.  It was wonderful.

Every class offers something:  Sharing another’s accomplishments can feel as good as accomplishing something wonderful yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment